We are stoked to hear that GoPro will be releasing some new updates on the HERO4 Silver and Black Editions. They are adding slow motion directly to the camera, no need for post production editing!! HELLLO time saver! They are also adding in a feature which enables you to take 30 photos in only 6 seconds so you never miss any action. Another time and effort saver is the auto rotate. The camera will now automatically capture the orientation to right side up when the camera is mounted upside down. They are planning the release of this firmware sometime in February. We will keep you posted and let you know when you will be able to update your camera. (Don’t worry it’s super easy to do). Below is the actual press release from GoPro.
From the GoPro Website:
Next month GoPro will release some awesome new updates for the HERO4 Black and HERO4 Silver that will amp the camera’s performance, capabilities and convenience even higher. Stay tuned to this News page for details on when the new firmware is available, but in the mean time, here’s a sneak peek at what features the updates will unlock:
HERO4 Black and HERO4 Silver
- Time lapse video mode – Capture Time Lapse videos automatically—no post-production needed. Showcase a sunrise, road trip or family gathering as a short, sharable video.
- 30/6 burst photo – Introducing a new way to never miss a moment. Capture 30 photos in 6 seconds—perfect for longer duration fast-action activities like surfing and snowboarding.
- Auto rotate – Automatically adjusts capture orientation to right-side up when the camera is mounted upside down.
- 720p240 fps video – Record ultra high frame rate video at a staggering 240 frames per second for liquid smooth slow-motion playback
- 2.7K60 fps video – Capture cinematic, high-resolution 2.7K footage at an impressive 60 frames per second
- Add HiLight Tags during playback – Now you can mark key moments both while recording video and playing back content